Sunday, February 28, 2010

Winter 2010

This winter has drug on and on. Maybe by June all this snow will melt, but I swear, it might be July! I have had to shovel a path out back so Charlie can go out and do his business. Luckily I dug the path over to the big fir tree in back and he can go under the tree where there is not much snow. Actually he has enjoyed having some room to move around under that tree.



The last year has been rather difficult, as it seems like most of my family has died. Starting last Feb. my Aunt Sophie, who was my last living aunt, passed away. Then in June, it was my brother Leslie, then his twin LeRoy went in November. My sister, Karen, who had terminal cancer died in September. January my favorite cousin, Sandie quietly slipped away. Lately I have thought it was proably a good thing I was not real close to my siblings, as it would have really devestated me.



On a good note, I finally found a new inside sales position and am out of that job from Hell!

I got fired....yes, fired...and it was the best thing that could have happened, as I had a job interview set up for the day after I got fired. You all have no idea how relieved I was, since I had been looking for a job for as long as I had the job from Hell, which was 2 1/2 years! The depression and stress lifted instantly!!!



Talk about my luck changing? I had a string of things happen:


  • Found a great deal on tires, which I needed badly. The were 80,000 mile tires for the price of 50,000 mile.

  • Needed clothes for work and it was clearance on clearance at Penney's and Gordman's. For less than $100 I got 3 sweaters, 5 pairs of nice dress slacks and a really cute blazer.

  • For years I have not had a stove, which was not a big deal, since it was only me. I had been looking online and stopped at a few home stores to see what was out there. I looked in the classified section of our local tv station website and found one that looked really new for $150!

  • The new job is about a 60-65 mile round trip away. The 3rd day I got into a car pool for $15 a week.

I said to everyone I really should buy a lottery ticket!


This week end an old friend of mine moved in with me. We are still trying to find room for all the groceries she has and trying to figure out how to hook up the electronics we are putting together. The move will be good for both of us. Now hopefully she can find a permanent job!


I am thinking I should buy a lottery ticket. :-)


2 comments:

Jackie said...

Hope that everything is going well for you now Gayle. We are finally getting some sun here for a change. Looks like spring has arrived.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog